Halpin’s Computer Services Chichester
The Apple Mac and Windows PC Computer experts in Sussex
We come to you
Repairs Upgrades and Sales Training
Over 40 years in the Computer and Office Equipment Business.
We are open for business.
During the current lockdown, and how we can help you.
All services are still available, but much more restrictive and offered in the order of preference below:
1. Remote Services, if available will be the first offering as this is the safest service without contact. Should there be no internet services, remote access cannot be achieved or is not suitable, then the next service will be provided.
2. Pickup/Drop off Services are available for devices that require diagnosing, fixing, or upgrading. Where issues are local such as Wi-Fi, printing, fixed household services, then the next service will be provided.
3. Home visits are still available with Covid safety measures in place. High hygiene levels, face coverings, distancing measures and limited contact will improve and respect your personal safety.
Home visits are still offered, providing that all members of the household:
- have no symptoms of Covid-19
- are not self-isolating or shielding
- are not clinically vulnerable (70+ or with health conditions)
Please contact us to find out what option suits you best.
We carry out Apple Mac and Microsoft Windows computer on-site repairs, upgrades, sales, and training in Sussex Hampshire & Surrey, based near Chichester West Sussex.
Tel 01243 602522 or 07968 961323 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your local experienced Computer Doctor
The majority of Halpins Computer Services computer repairs and upgrades can be completed at your home or office, if we need to take your PC or Apple Mac off-site to be fixed then we can arrange to return it to your home or office at a time suited to you FREE of charge.
You can trust us over 40 years locally within Sussex, Surrey and Hampshire in the Office Equipment and Computer business.
Support for Windows 7 & Windows Server 2008 has ended
After 10 years, support for Windows 7 and Server 2008 has ended on 14 January 2020.
We know change can be difficult, so we are here to help you with recommendations for what to do next and to answer questions about end of support.
What does end of support mean?
As of 14 January 2020, your computer running Windows 7 or Server 2008 will still function but Microsoft will no longer provide the following:
Technical support for any issues
Security updates or fixes
While you could continue to use your PC running Windows 7, without continued software and security updates, it will be at greater risk for viruses and malware.
Going forward, the best way for you to stay secure on Windows 10. And the best way to experience Windows 10 is on a new PC. While it is possible to install Windows 10 on your older device, it is not always recommended.
We can quote for free on the options to upgrade to Windows 10, first of all we have to make sure your computer will run Windows 10, as in some cases Computers hardware will be too old, or not be powerful enough, and may require more RAM memory or a new hard disk drive, in many cases a fast solid state drive will transform an older computer.
If you need a new computer with Windows 10 , or Server with Server 2019 we can quote for this, we do not just sell a box and let you get on with it, we set it up with the latest updates, and with your choice of software, anti virus etc, copy over your data, install it at your home or business, and give full on site support.
If you would like more information, and advice please call us on 01243 602522 / 07968 961323 or email email@example.com.